PDF Print E-mail
Thursday, 15 July 2010 13:09

Ross Precision Gunworks suppressors provide 100% repeatable alignment, minimal point-of-impact shift and are built from lightweight, aerospace grade alloys that protect against heat and particulate damage. Our suppressors are fully dissassembelable to allow for cleaning, providing superb sound suppression for the life of the suppressor.  These are all qualities that make RPG suppressors the choice of discriminating marksmen across the country.

Information on Owning Silencers

Unknown by most individuals, silencers are and have always been 100% legal to own under federal law. The following states allow private ownership of silencers: AL, AR, AK, AZ, CO, CT, FL, GA, ID, IN, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MS, MT, NE, NV, NH, NM, NC, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, WI, WV, and WY. Of the fourteen states that do not allow civilian ownership, CA, IA, MA, MO, and MI allow Class 3 dealers and Class 2 manufacturers to possess silencers. Silencers are regulated under the National Firearms Act (NFA) of 1934, and are regulated by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms. The procedure for buying a silencer may seem scary at first, but it actually requires less paperwork than you would imagine. To legally purchase a silencer or any item falling under the purview of the NFA, you must be at least 21 years of age, a resident of the United States, and have no felony record. Once you have decided on a specific model, I, or your Class III dealer (if you are out of state) will complete you ATF Form 4’s and other required paperwork. The completed paperwork is then sent to the Department of the Treasury with a check or money order for $200.00. The $200.00 is known as a "transfer tax" because it must be paid whenever ownership of the silencer is "transferred" (in this case, Me, or your Class III dealer to the prospective purchaser). As long as ownership remains with the same person, the tax need not be paid again. Only if the owner sells it will a new transfer tax need to be paid. An owner may will his silencer to a lawful heir with no tax incurred. Once the paper work is completed and submitted, it normally takes 60 to 120 days to receive the approved, stamped paperwork from the NFA Branch. It is only upon the return of the approved paperwork that the dealer can allow the prospective purchaser to take possession of their new silencer. A copy of the approved paperwork must accompany the silencer at all times (the original should be stored in a safe, or wherever you keep important documents). Silencers can be transported to other states that allow their ownership, but to transport a silencer into one of the states which prohibit private ownership can subject the owner to serious state felony charges.